Saturday, January 2, 2010

D94: Hand prints

Went to Doyle Street park in Emeryville today to check out the art work of local artist  Masayuki Nagase.  The image below is part of a large granite bolder carved with hand prints of children and adults.  The hand prints remind me of a poem I remember reading years ago.  I think I saw it on a mother's day card.



 Handprints

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my handprint
On furniture and wall
 But everyday I'm growing
(I'll be all grown someday)
And all those tiny hand prints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a final hand print
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When they were very small.

  T. Lambert, Jr.

Manual:  Read page 86 and 87 "Shutter Priority AE"


Images:  Viewed portrait images by Lisa Bettany.  She was a guest on the TWIP podcast with Fredrick Van Johnson.  Good interview. I like her lifestyle portraits. 



No comments: